Licensed Texas Lawyer
For Your Criminal Defense, Get a Former Prosecutor with over 20 Years of Legal Experience
In fact, before he dedicated himself to helping everyday people in Houston and around Texas with their legal needs, he worked as a prosecutor in the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. He knows the legal system from multiple sides and puts that knowledge to work for you. He’s been a Texas lawyer for over 20 years.
Michael received his bachelor’s degree in finance from San Diego State University in 1991. He studied at South Texas College of Law in Houston, where he earned his Juris Doctorate (JD).
During law school, he worked in the Special Crimes Division of the Harris County District Attorney’s Office. He was on the dean’s list for two years and graduated in the top 16 percent of his law school class.
Michael served as an assistant district attorney, sworn in by former District Attorney Johnny Holmes, Jr., in 1995. He spent the next four years as a felony prosecutor in the Trial Bureau and the Family Criminal Law Division.
Now he helps individual Texans at the Makris Law Firm.
Michael has personally handled thousands of cases including jury trials, court trials, hearings and appeals. He is a proud and fluent Spanish speaker.
Michael’s Honors, Achievements and Memberships:
- Obtained a $3.8 million wrongful death settlement as plaintiff’s co-counsel
- Lead attorney on over 1,000 administrative law hearings
- Prepared over 2,000 federal administrative law appellate briefs
- 2018 Member Texas State Bar Lawyer Referral and Information Service
- 2017 Member Austin Bar Association
- Advanced Criminal Law Seminar 2015 and 2016
- Advanced Administrative Law Seminar 2012
- Williamson County felony court-appointed attorney list (bilingual)—2007 to 2008
- Member Texas Bar College—2007
- Member Williamson County Bar Association—2006 to 2008
- Licensed by the U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit—2000
- Justice Information Management System of Harris County—1998
- Licensed by the Texas Supreme Court—1995
- Order of the Lytae (Honor Society)
- South Texas College of Law Dean’s List, 1993, 1994
- Felony Trial Division—Prosecutor
- Family Criminal Law Division—Prosecutor and Interim Chief
- Misdemeanor Trial Division—Chief Court Prosecutor
- Intern—Special Crimes Asset Forfeiture Division
- South Texas College of Law—JD
- San Diego State University—Bachelor of Science in finance and business administration
- St. John’s Preparatory School
At the Makris Law Firm, you don’t pay anything for us to review your case and let you know your options.