Houston Probate Lawyer
Probate, Wills & Trusts
Taking Care of You and Your Assets
The key to a good estate plan is preparation and peace of mind. You should have confidence that you have the best possible estate plan to take care of your financial matters and your health care needs.
Makris Law Firm offers a full range of estate planning services for the people of the Houston area. Contact us to review or start your estate plan.
Planning for the unexpected…
It’s never too early to plan for your later years, an unexpected medical event or your own passing. The attorneys at Makris Law Firm understand the sensitivities of forming an estate plan. We’ll take a well-rounded approach to meet your goal. Some of our services include:
- Wills and Trusts: Your will controls what happens to your assets after you pass away and who will be responsible for overseeing that process. By creating a trust, you can provide for children, spouses, and others who may not be able to manage for themselves.
- Health Care Planning: If you’re concerned about your healthcare wishes being followed, we can prepare a healthcare power of attorney for you.
- Avoiding Guardianships: We can prepare a power of attorney that could be used in case you cannot mentally act for yourself and avoid a guardianship.
The attorneys at Makris Law Firm are here to make sure your estate plan reflects your financial and healthcare needs, goals and interests. Contact us to learn how to get started on a plan that’s right for you.
Your Probate and Trust Legal Resource
Wrapping up the final affairs of a loved one who has passed away can be a stressful and emotional experience. If you’ve been named personal representative (also known as executor) in a Will, we can help you take care of your legal responsibilities.
Contact us to discuss your probate and trust administration needs with one of our experienced attorneys in Houston.
Helping You through the Estate Administration Phase
Our experienced, knowledgeable attorney counsel can help all clients involved in several aspects of probate and trust administration, including:
- Probate Administration: If you are appointed personal representative of an estate in probate, you have important responsibilities, including notifying beneficiaries and creditors, handling claims and eventually closing the estate. Our attorneys have the experience to help you through the entire probate process.
- Trust Administration: The trustee of a testamentary trust, educational trust, special needs trust or any other type of trust has serious fiduciary duties under the laws governing Trusts. We can give you skilled legal counsel to help you carry out these responsibilities.
- Incapacity Planning: If you feel you might someday be physically or mentally incapacitated, we can prepare a durable power of attorney for you to avoid the later necessity of an unknown guardian being appointed over you.
- Transferring or re-titling assets: We can help to transfer assets of the deceased to their heirs or beneficiaries in their will.
The probate and/or trust administration process can be an overwhelming and frustrating process without an experienced attorney to guide you. Contact us to get the help you need.
The Experience and Legal Help You Need
Our team understands the difficulties and sensitivities involving these legal areas and can help you through every step of the process. Hablamos Español.